Q101: What is 101 and when should it be used?
You should call 101 if you want to talk to your local police officer, get crime prevention advice, or report a crime that does not need an emergency response, for example:
• if your car has been stolen
• your property has been damaged
• you suspect drug use or dealing
• you want to report a minor traffic accident, or
• you want to give the police information about crime in your area
Alternatively, if you would prefer to contact Police Scotland online, this link will take you to their contact form.