Q105: I think my friend/husband has been arrested and in the cells, how can I find out?

The police are not allowed to inform anyone of the fact that a person has been detained without their express permission (unless the person in custody is a juvenile).

It is very unlikely that the custody staff will give you any information about any person detained in the cells. The detained person does have the right to have a lawyer and a named person informed of his or her detention (except in specific circumstances).

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating

StarStarStarHalf StarStarUseful

Do you still need to contact the police force?

If you can't find the answer? Ask a question