Q109: I am frightened of my partner, he/she is violent, what can I do?

You can report the matter to the police who have specially trained officers who can offer you help and support. You should report any assaults or acts of abuse to the police so that action can be taken against the perpetrator. The police will take positive action in reports of domestic abuse.

The police are aware that speaking out about domestic abuse can be very frightening so they will do their utmost to ensure that they provide all the help and support you require from the initial arrest through to any possible court proceedings.

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating


Do you still need to contact the police force?

If you can't find the answer? Ask a question