Q135: Someone has sent me an email that contains indecent images of children, what should I do?

Possession of indecent images of children is an offence, as is the manufacture and distribution of them. You should not forward the images to anyone, even the Police.

Contact the Internet Watch Foundation on 01223 20 30 30 (Monday to Friday, 9am - 4:30pm). They have a facility for reporting indecent images of young people and they can decide whether the image is illegal and will report it to the police if necessary.

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating

StarStarHalf StarStarStarQuite useful

Do you still need to contact the police force?

If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

police scotland logo
For police non-emergencies dial 101
Related information

Web Sites