Q143: I have been assaulted by my ex partner/friend, what should I do?

If you have been assaulted and want to report it to the police, then you should contact Police Scotland by dialling 101 and report the incident. Even if you do not have any visible injuries and you want to report the matter you should contact the police.

If you have been assaulted by your ex partner this will be treated as domestic abuse. The police take a very positive stance against domestic abuse. See questions Q108 and Q109 for more information.

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating


Do you still need to contact the police force?

If you can't find the answer? Ask a question