Q189: Do I need a solicitor if I have to attend court as a witness?

No, if you are a witness or a complainant in a case then you do not need a solicitor. You are simply telling the court what you saw/what happened etc. The Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service (COPFS) prosecutes the case on behalf of the Lord Advocate and the accused will have a solicitor to represent him/her but you do not need any legal representation.

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating

StarStarStarStarStarVery Useful

Do you still need to contact the police force?

If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

police scotland logo
For police non-emergencies dial 101
Related information

Web Sites