Q195: Can I find out the result of the court case for which I was a witness?

Yes you can. Witness Care Units/Victim Information Advice services have been set up nationally. Each Unit will have witness liaison officers who will keep witnesses informed of how the case is progressing.

It may be a few weeks before the accused is sentenced (if found/pleaded guilty) because often the Probation Service (and other bodies) are required to do a pre-sentence report which gives the court some advice on the sentencing.

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating


Do you still need to contact the police force?

If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

police scotland logo
For police non-emergencies dial 101
Related information

Web Sites