Q20: My cat is trapped in an empty house, what can I do?

The police do not have the authority to break into a house to rescue a stranded cat. Try and entice the cat out with food, try to find the owner of the property and if all else fails, contact the SSPCA on 03000 999 999. They have limited resources and will only help if the animal is in peril. It is more than likely that when the cat gets hungry it will leave the house the same way it got in.

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating


If you can't find the answer? Ask a question