Q202: I want to complain about the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service (COPFS) and the way that they handled my case, what do I do?

The first step is to write to the District Fiscal responsible for your area. Their contact details can be found on the COPFS website. You need to include in the letter as much detail of the case as possible, the name of the accused, the court dealing with the case, the type and date of the offence and the name of the investigating officer.

If you are not satisfied with the reply, they will advise you of how you can pursue the matter further.

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating


Do you still need to contact the police force?

If you can't find the answer? Ask a question