Q214: I missed the deadline for payment of the fixed penalty notice by a few days, what can I do?

You should attend at the Sheriff Clerks Office that you have chosen to pay your ticket at as soon as possible during office hours so that the central ticket office can be contacted to see if it is still possible for you to pay the fine and not go to court. This is at the discretion of the central ticket office, as after 28 days a citation will be automatically issued.

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating


Do you still need to contact the police force?

If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

police scotland logo
Related information