Q243: I have lost my mobile phone, how do I report it to the police?

It is likely that you will need to prove that you owned the mobile phone. Contact Police Scotland by dialling 101 to find out how to report the phone missing. You may be able to report it over the telephone or you may need to report in person to your local police station with a copy of the contract or box for your phone. The police need a record of the IMEI number for your mobile phone so that it can be recognised as your phone if it is handed in or recovered.

The IMEI/serial number on your phone is a number that is unique to your mobile phone. To find out what your IMEI number is type *#06# into your phone.

Below are contact details for the main mobile phone network providers:

3 - 08707 330 333
O2 - Pay & Go 08705 678 678 Monthly 08702 410 202
Orange - 07973 100 150 if you're on pay monthly 07973 100 450 if you're on pay as you go
T Mobile - 0845 412 5000
Virgin - 0845 6000 789
Vodafone - Pay monthly 08700 700 191 Pay as you talk 08700 77 66 55

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating


Do you still need to contact the police force?

If you can't find the answer? Ask a question