Q245: I have found some property, what do I do?

You have a duty as finder to either return it to the owner or inform Police Scotland by dialling 101 that you have possession of the property. You also have a duty to take reasonable care of the property whilst it is in your possession. Found property should be handed into your local police station, who will have a lost property section.

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating

StarStarStarStarStarVery Useful

Do you still need to contact the police force?

If you can't find the answer? Ask a question