• Explore Popular Topics

    Q248: I have lost my dog, what do I do?

    Most dogs do return of their own free will and if not most are reunited with their owners after a short space of time. The local dog warden retains reports of lost and found dogs.

    Stray dogs may still be handed into a police office and therefore you should contact Police Scotland by dialling 101 to ascertain if your dog has been handed in.

    If your dog has not already been micro-chipped it might be something to consider.

    See websites in related information for more help and advice.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarHalf StarStarStarQuite useful

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    police scotland logo


    Web Sites