Q26: I want to do some building work on my house and there are bats in the roof, what do I have to do?

Scottish Natural Heritage, a government agency, offers advice on this issue and will visit your home free of charge to offer you the necessary help. You must not go ahead and carry out the work without consulting them as you will be committing a criminal offence and will be liable for a large fine. See the website in related information to find your local area team.

Scottish Natural Heritage
Great Glen House
Leachkin Road
Tel: 01463 725000

Bat Conservation Trust (Scotland)
The Attic
Scottish Churches House
1 Kirk Street
FK15 0AJ
Tel: 01786 826 792
Email: ayoungman@bats.org.uk

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating

StarStarStarStarStarVery Useful

Do you still need to contact the police force?

If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

police scotland logo
For police non-emergencies dial 101
Related information

Web Sites