Q27: There is an advert in the paper selling a wild animal or bird of prey such as a tortoise or owl etc, what paperwork do I have to see before I buy it?

Care should be taken in buying animals or birds from adverts in the newspapers. Some birds of prey and animals require a certificate, called Article 10, before they can be sold.

Contact Animal Health at DEFRA for a full list of animals and birds that require to be accompanied by an Article 10 certificate:

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating

StarStarStarStarStarVery Useful

Do you still need to contact the police force?

If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

police scotland logo
For police non-emergencies dial 101
Related information

Web Sites