Q274: I am getting anonymous calls/ text messages, I just want to change my number I do not want the police to investigate ...

If you want change your number, then contact your local police station and ask them for a reference number and pass that on to your phone company. In some cases, there may be a charge for this service from the network.

This being said, the police will only be able to pass on a reference if the matter is reported to them; no crime reference number can be provided if no crime is reported. Some service providers will be able to change your phone number without the need for police involvement.

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating


If you can't find the answer? Ask a question