Q277: My neighbour's car alarm is always going off, what can I do?

If the car alarm is a false activation and not someone attempting to steal/break into the vehicle then first it would be advisable to speak to your neighbour about the problem as they may not be aware what is happening. If the problem persists then you should contact the Environmental Protection department at your local council who have powers to deal with nuisance car alarms.

If you do see someone trying to break into a vehicle then you should contact the police on 999.

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating

StarStarStarHalf StarStarUseful

Do you still need to contact the police force?

If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

police scotland logo
Related information