Q28: There is a deer wandering around on the road, what should I do?

The SSPCA states that if the animal is uninjured it should be left alone and will more than likely wander back into an area of safety. If the animal is injured, then contact the SSPCA on 03000 999 999, who will be able to advise you.

However, in certain circumstances (busy main road etc) where it is likely that the animal or other road user will be placed in danger or injured, it may be advisable to contact the police who will deal with the situation.

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating

StarStarStarStarStarVery Useful

Do you still need to contact the police force?

If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

police scotland logo
For police non-emergencies dial 101
Related information

Web Sites