Q297: I have been surfing the net and have come across a web site that is condoning and encouraging violence against homosexuals/ muslims/ catholics/ jews/ women/ animals/ doctors etc? What should I do?

You should make a note of the website address and pass the details on to the Internet Watch Foundation and also Police Scotland by dialling 101 . Although it is unlikely that the police will be able to take any action there will be a specialist department within the Police Scotland that will gather all information and subsequently take any appropriate action.

If you come across any websites that are inciting racial hatred, please report it to the True Vision organisation via their website (see link).

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating


Do you still need to contact the police force?

If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

police scotland logo
For police non-emergencies dial 101
Related information

Web Sites