Q313: How much does it cost for the grant / renewal / variation of a firearm / shotgun / explosive certificate?
Costs of various certificates are,
- Co-terminous certificates grant for shotgun and grant/renewal of firearm - £90
- Games fairs grant - £13
- Grant of Firearms certificate - £88
- Grant of Shot gun certificate - £79.50
- Registered Firearms dealers renewal/grant - £200
- Renewal of Firearms certificate - £62
- Renewal of Shot gun certificate - £49
- Replacement certificate - £4
- Shotgun coterminous renewal - £3
- Variation - £20
- Explosive certificate, in some cases it is currently free but there are types of explosive certificates where a fee is payable, check with your forces explosive officer/firearms licensing department for more details.
- Visitors' permit - £20
- Visitors' group permit - £100
You must notify the relevant police force without delay of any change of address. There will be details of the exact person/department to notify within the papers received concerning the certificate.