Q318: How do I get a visitor’s permit?

Such permits can only be issued to people visiting Great Britain. They are obtained from the chief officer of police for an area and must be applied for by a resident in that area on behalf of a bona fide visitor to Great Britain. They can only be granted if the visitor is a fit and proper person who has good reason to possess a firearm, shotgun, ammunition etc. Conditions can be imposed as with a normal firearms certificate.

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating

StarStarStarStarStarVery Useful

Do you still need to contact the police force?

If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

police scotland logo
Related information