• Explore Popular Topics

    Q34: I am a postman/milkman and when I was delivering to a house a dog bit me when I was in their garden, what action can I take?

    As a tradesman you have implied permission to enter a property to carry out your job. If you are attacked by a dog whilst on the property then the dog could be said to be dangerous and out of control.

    You need to report the incident to the police who will carry out an investigation. The courts have the power to order that the dog is kept under proper control or destroyed.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarStarStarStarVery Useful

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question