• Explore Popular Topics

    Q36: I am concerned that a neighbour is being cruel to his dog, what can I do?

    If you witness cruelty to an animal then contact the SSPCA's 24 hour a day cruelty line on 03000 999 999. It is important to have ready the following details:

    • a description of the animal(s) involved;
    • the exact location of the animal(s);
    • the names and addresses of any other witnesses;
    • the registration number of any vehicle involved; and
    • the name and address of the suspect(s) if known.

    The police also have powers to deal with cruelty to animals but the SSPCA are the experts in the field and are better equipped to deal with it.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarStarHalf StarStarUseful

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    police scotland logo


    Web Sites