Q396: Can you tell me about being able to ride a moped / motorcycle?

To ride a moped, learners must, be 16 or over, have a provisional moped licence, and complete a Compulsory Basic Training (CBT) course.

If you have a provisional motorcycle licence you must complete a CBT (you can then ride on the road with L plates for up to 2 years, also D plates in Wales). To obtain a full motorcycle licence you must pass a motorcycle theory test and a practical test.

If you have a full car licence, you must be 17 years old. You may ride motorcycles up to 125cc and 11kw output displaying L plates but you must have passed a CBT course.

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating

StarStarStarStarStarVery Useful

Do you still need to contact the police force?

If you can't find the answer? Ask a question