• Explore Popular Topics

    Q417: I have a foreign non-EU driving licence, how long can I drive on it in this country?

    You can drive in the UK for 12 months from your date of entry into the country. If you are staying any longer you should take the theory and practical tests before the expiry of the 12-month period. You should not drive after 12 months. If you do, you are liable to prosecution.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarStarStarStarVery Useful

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    police scotland logo


    Web Sites