• Explore Popular Topics

    Q427: I have been involved in a traffic accident/collision and I think I have an injury, do I need to report it to the police?

    If you want to report the accident/collision to the police, then the police are required to take a report, which will then be investigated. If you have left the scene of the accident and wish to report the matter, you will have to attend at a Police station. This should be done as soon as possible and is any case within 24 hours. It is advisable to take your vehicle documentation with you (Driving Licence, MOT certificate and Certificate of Insurance).

    If you have caused damage to any roadside property (lights, street signs etc) then you must report the accident.

    Although you are required to report an accident straight away you should always seek medical assistance in the first instance.

    Contact Police Scotland by dialling 101 for further information.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    police scotland logo


    Web Sites