• Explore Popular Topics

    Q48: In my tenancy agreement it says my landlord has to carry out repairs and he hasn 't. What can I do?

    The Landlord's failure to carry out repairs contrary to the tenancy agreement is a matter that should be taken up with a solicitor. It can however be an expensive and slow procedure.

    If, however, due to the landlord's failure to repair the house, it is in a very poor state, the local authority does have power to compel the landlord to carry out the necessary repairs. Again this should be done with the assistance and guidance of a solicitor.

    Failure to comply with this order could result in the local authority carrying out the work at the landlord's expense.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question