Q518: Can anything be done about cars that drive around with loud stereos?

The police have statutory and common law powers to deal with cars playing loud music. Police will issue a warning to those creating noise nuisance, and can thereafter seize the noise making equipment should the person fail to desist.

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating


Do you still need to contact the police force?

If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

police scotland logo
Related information