Q52: I have not paid my fine and I think there may be a fines warrant outstanding for me, what should I do?

You should attend at the nearest Sheriff Court as soon as possible and explain what has happened. The officials will check if a warrant is outstanding and if it is, you may be arrested temporarily whilst you appear before the court, so it is a good idea to go during the week.

Obviously, if you fail to attend at court to resolve the matter, then you could be arrested and imprisoned.

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating


Do you still need to contact the police force?

If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

police scotland logo
For police non-emergencies dial 101
Related information