• Explore Popular Topics

    Q53: I have bought a TV/video/toy and it does not work, what can I do?

    You need to return the item back to the shop and explain the situation to them.

    The retailer will probably want to see the receipt as proof of purchase from the shop, but should exchange the item without too much difficulty.

    If however this does not happen, then you should seek advice from the Citizens Advice Bureau. The Government also offers help and advice in the form of Consumer Direct on 08454 04 05 06 (certain regions only) and Trading Standards may also be able to help.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarStarStarStarVery Useful

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    police scotland logo


    Web Sites