Q538: I am moving to an area, can I find out about crime in that area?

Yes, under the Freedom of Information Act the police will release such information, however requests will only be for larger areas ie ward area / post code area and not small areas, individual house / number 1-10 etc. The website in related information will provide an overview of crime in the area if you need an immediate reply.

Contact the Freedom of Information officer in the force concerned.

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating


Do you still need to contact the police force?

If you can't find the answer? Ask a question