Q54: The shop where I bought my TV/DVD player have repaired it and I think its too expensive, what can I do?

It is always best to agree a price for the repair beforehand but when this situation arises it becomes a civil dispute.

If you cannot resolve the issue with the repairer then you would need to seek advice from the Citizens Advice Bureau or alternatively a solicitor.

The Government also offers help and advice to consumers in the form of Consumer Direct Tel: 08454 04 05 06.

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating

StarStarStarHalf StarStarUseful

Do you still need to contact the police force?

If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

police scotland logo
Related information

Web Sites