• Explore Popular Topics

    Q55: I have bought a perfume that I was told was Chanel and it isn't, what can I do?

    If the vendor told you that the perfume was Chanel and sold it to you as the original and you paid a reasonable price (so that you may not have been expected to realise that it was not genuine) then you should contact your local Trading Standards Office which will take up the complaint on your behalf. Although the vendor could be said to have obtained your money by a criminal deception, Trading Standards are the best people to deal with these matters.

    See also the Citizens Advice Bureau's website.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarStarHalf StarStarUseful

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    police scotland logo


    Web Sites