Q57: My ex partner has got access rights over our child but my son/daughter has to be back by 1600hrs and he/she has not brought my son/daughter back yet, what can I do?

This is family law and as such the police have no jurisdiction over the matter. You need to seek further advice from your solicitor. It is likely that the case will go back before the court, who will decide what course of action to take.

However if you have concern for the safety of your child then you should contact Police Scotland by dialling 101 to instigate a missing person investigation.

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating

StarStarStarStarStarVery Useful

Do you still need to contact the police force?

If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

police scotland logo
Related information

Web Sites