Q59: I want the police to go and get my child, he/she is with the mother/father and they won't bring them back, there is no official residence order

You need to contact your solicitor to see if they can resolve the issue and if not, seek another hearing in front of the judge.

The police have no powers to go and remove the child without concern for the child's safety. The police will, however, do a welfare check on your child to confirm that the child is fit and well if there are possible concerns over their well being.

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating

StarStarStarStarStarVery Useful

Do you still need to contact the police force?

If you can't find the answer? Ask a question