Q609: Have you got any advice for fire prevention?
Below is very basic fire safety advice; more detailed advice can be found on the websites in 'Related information' at the right of this page:
- Fit your house with smoke alarms.
- Never leave candles burning unattended.
- Keep matches and lighters out of the reach of children.
- Do not overload plug sockets.
- Make sure all cigarettes are properly extinguished.
- Unplug all electrical equipment at night.
- Get your fire and boiler regularly checked.
- Check all electrical equipment for signs of fraying wires.