• Explore Popular Topics

    Q660: Do I have to report to the police an accident/collision that happened in a car park?

    If a road traffic accident/collision happened on a road or a public place and the other driver failed to stop or there are injuries then you have to report the accident to the police.

    Some car parks can be classed as public places, for example, supermarket and multi story car parks. However, car parks belonging to private organisations where the members of the public would not ordinarily be permitted would not be classed as a public place and should be reported directly to your insurance company.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarStarStarStarVery Useful

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    police scotland logo