Q678: Can I be arrested if I am sat in my car drunk (over the permitted limit), but not driving?
Yes, there is an offence of being in charge of a mechanically propelled vehicle whilst being over the permitted limit. Each case would be judged on it's own merits but the officers would be looking at:
- Whether you had the keys for the vehicle.
- Were you in the vehicle at the time?
- What were you doing at the time?
- Whether there was anyone else in or near the vehicle.
- What evidence is there that you were intending to drive the vehicle?