• Explore Popular Topics

    Q695: I received a citation/conditional offer for a traffic offence through the post and have since lost the document. What do I do?

    You need to contact the Central Ticket Office (sometimes called Central Process Bureau or similar) of the force concerned and in most circumstances you will be issued with another copy.

    If it was a conditional offer and you have failed to pay, you will be given another opportunity to pay the ticket so you will eventually receive more paperwork.

    If it was a citation you must re contact the Central Ticket Office as a failure to appear at court could lead to a warrant for your arrest being issued.

    Do not delay. There are time limits on these processes and they can get more expensive (or even lead to your arrest) if you do nothing.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    police scotland logo