Q696: I have got a parking/speeding ticket/congestion charge for a car that has the same number plate as mine, but it was not my car, what do I do?

Unfortunately it is up to you as the registered keeper/named person in charge of the vehicle to satisfy the issuer of the ticket that it was not you or your vehicle at the time and place where the alleged offence occurred. Cloning of vehicles, although relatively rare, can happen so you should get in touch immediately with the appropriate body to explain your circumstances. The matter can then be referred to the Police for further investigation.

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating

StarStarStarHalf StarStarUseful

Do you still need to contact the police force?

If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

police scotland logo
Related information