Q697: Someone has put a video/photograph of me on the internet without my permission. What can I do?

Unless the video or photo is of an indecent nature and of a child or of a criminal offence then the police will not get involved.

If the photo/video is for example, on one of the social networking websites, you could speak to the administrator of the internet site who may remove the material.

Otherwise you would need to obtain a restraining order from the courts to order the removal of the material. You should seek advice from the Citizens Advice Bureau or a solicitor about this matter.

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating


Do you still need to contact the police force?

If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

police scotland logo
Related information

Web Sites