Q705: I am planning a development in an area or building which might have bats. I know that they are protected. What should I do?

Before any work is begun a bat survey should be carried out by a competent consultant. If there is a roost present, the consultant will be able to advise on applying for a licence to the Scottish Government. For more information please contact:

Scottish Natural Heritage
Great Glen House
Leachkin Road
01463 725000

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating


Do you still need to contact the police force?

If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

police scotland logo
For police non-emergencies dial 101
Related information

Web Sites