• Explore Popular Topics

    Q719: My neighbours children's ball keeps coming in my garden what can I do?

    Getting the police involved in this type of issue is not always the best thing to do in the first instance, as it can escalate the issue and cause more problems for both parties.

    The best thing to do, where possible, is to speak to your neighbour about the problem and try and resolve it between yourselves. If you have tried or feel that, for whatever reason, it is not an option then you should speak to your local community policing team.

    If you keep the ball and refuse to give it back then you may eventually end up facing prosecution yourself.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    police scotland logo