• Explore Popular Topics

    Q91: I know an off-licence that is selling alcohol to underage children, what can I do?

    It is an offence to sell alcohol to persons under the age of 18. If you know an off licence that is selling alcohol to persons under this age, you should contact your local police force or Trading Standards Office who will take details. The person that is selling the alcohol to the under aged youths could face a fine.

    Please also note that it is an offence to purchase alcohol for anyone under the age of 18 (also known as 'proxy purchasing'). Please see the link in related information for more details.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarStarHalf StarStarUseful

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    police scotland logo


    Web Sites