Q917: Will the police tell my employer if I commit a motoring offence e.g. drink driving?

This will all depend on what job you do. The courts are not required to notify your employer in every case but some professions e.g. doctors and solicitors, are subject to regulation and the courts will inform the relevant professional body e.g. the General Medical Council, if one of their members is convicted of an offence. However, your contract of employment may require you to notify your employer of a conviction but this will be a matter between you and your employer.

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating

StarStarStarStarHalf StarVery Useful

Do you still need to contact the police force?

If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

police scotland logo
Related information