Q935: Do existing Firearm and Shotgun certificate holders resident in Scotland/the rest of the UK need to apply for an air weapons certificate?

Yes they will, however not until their existing certificates expire. This also applies to those who reside in the rest of the UK and bring their weapons to Scotland.

After that however they will need to apply for a Visitors Permit before bringing an air weapon into Scotland. This requirement will not extend to their Firearm and Shotgun certificates.

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating


Do you still need to contact the police force?

If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

police scotland logo
Related information