Terms and Conditions
End User Terms and Conditions for use of databases provided by PNLD
Please be advised that the material of some parts of the databases may contain offensive language and sexually explicit expressions. They are only used where it is absolutely necessary to maintain accuracy.
This document details the conditions governing the access and use of an End User of the databases, services and products supplied by the PNLD ("the Services") and the materials and content available therein ("the Materials").
An End User means members of the police force or employees of the organisation who register to access or use the databases or in the case that the Subscriber is an individual, the Subscriber him/herself.
The Subscriber means a police force, organisation or individual who have paid a subscription for the use of the databases pursuant to the Contract.
RESTRICTIONS ON USE
1. Subject to any extra terms which may apply to specific materials, the End User is granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable , limited licence to access and use the Services and Materials which are made available on the website for the purposes of:-
a. reference, research or study;
b. providing professional services to clients;
c. providing academic services to students;
d. the provision of forms of wording used to build criminal charges.
2. The licence is subject to the following:
a. the right to electronically display materials from the Services is limited to the display of the Materials primarily to one person at a time.
b. the right to obtain a printout of materials is limited to a printout of a reasonable portion of them obtained by using the normal printing commands of the Services or the End User's web browser software. To the extent expressly permitted by applicable copyright law, the End User may make copies of the printouts and distribute such printouts and copies (but only for the use(s) as limited, defined and set out above) and electronic/screen mode only and;
c. the right to retrieve and store electronic copies of materials is limited to the retrieval of a single copy of a reasonable portion of the materials included in any individual file of the Services using the downloading commands of the Services or the End User's web browser software. Storage of that copy in a readable form is limited to 60 days and must unless otherwise agreed by PNLD be for one person's exclusive use.
3. Except as provided in paragraph 1, an End User is otherwise prohibited from down-loading, storing, reproducing, transmitting, displaying, printing, copying, distributing, or using materials retrieved (or otherwise obtained) from the Services.
4. All rights, title, and interest (including all copyrights and other intellectual property and all similar relevant or related rights) in the Services and Materials (in all forms and mediums) belong to PNLD (the legal entity of which is the Police and Crime Commissioner for West Yorkshire) or its third party suppliers. The End User acquires no ownership of copyright or other intellectual property rights or proprietary interest in the Services, Materials, or copies thereof. Except as provided in this licence, the End User may not use the Services or Materials retrieved from the Services in any fashion that infringes the copyright or proprietary interests belonging to PNLD or its third party suppliers either or whenever.
5. The End User may not remove or obscure the copyright notice or other notices contained in materials retrieved from the Services.
6. Other provisions that govern the End User's use of materials are set out in any extra or additional terms for the use of specific materials and any other online or other notices set out, created or provided by PNLD.
ACCESS TO SERVICES
7. The End User must ensure that use of the Services and Materials is only in accordance with these terms and conditions and any operating specifications provided by PNLD.
8. The End User must ensure that any username or password is kept strictly confidential.
9. The End User acknowledges that an End User's username and password may restrict the End User from accessing certain Materials otherwise available from PNLD.
10. The End User must not make copies of the Materials for anyone else without the consent of PNLD.
11. The End User must not modify the Materials or make any alterations, additions or amendments thereof without PNLD's consent including, but not limited to, the Standard Offence Wording.
12. The End User must not create any derivative works from the Services and Materials.
13. The End User understands that PNLD has the right to enforce any infringement of the copyright and/or other rights in relation to the Services or Materials against any End User jointly and severally from the Subscriber so that the End User may be liable to indemnify PNLD for any loss PNLD suffers and/or to reimburse PNLD for the gain the End User obtains in contravention of these terms.
14. PNLD may suspend or discontinue providing its services without notice and pursue any other remedy legally available to it, if the End User fails to comply with any of the obligations under these terms and conditions.
15. PNLD will use personal information collected about the End User for the purposes of:
a. providing access to and use of the Services to the End Users;
b. providing customer support, billing and other similar activities related to the Service; and
c. keeping the End Users informed about products, services, offers and upcoming events and to improve the Services.
16. The failure of the PNLD to enforce any provision in this agreement shall not constitute or be construed as a waiver of such provision or of the right to enforce it at a later time.
17. The user may not assign his or her rights or delegate his or her duties under these terms and conditions or any additional terms with the prior written consent of PNLD.
18. Any liability that PNLD has shall be to the Subscriber in accordance with the contract between them. PNLD shall have no liability towards an End User except where the End User is also the Subscriber.