ATP Template with bundler

Daily Highlights


The police may attend at incidents such as this and can ask the organisers to turn the music down. The police also have powers to prosecute for noise nuisance in terms of Civic Government Scotland Act 1982 section 54 for persisting, to the annoyance of others, in playing musical instruments, singing, playing radios etc. on being required to stop.

Local authorities also have powers under the Antisocial Behaviour Scotland Act 2004 to deal with noise nuisance. Persistent offenders can be given a warning notice and if they fail to comply with that notice they will commit an offence. If you suffer from a persistently noisy neighbour you should report this to your local authority


The police do attend at incidents such as this however it may be necessary to contact your local Environmental Health Department if this is a persistent problem.

All public houses and clubs are licensed by the local authority, so you should complain to them about this type of problem. If licence holders take little or no notice of such complaints, they could put their licence at risk.

See the link in Related Information to find your local authority. 


You could speak to your neighbour about the problem as they may not be aware it is happening.

Unless there is any evidence of the dog being mistreated then the SSPCA will not be able to help. The noise could be classed as a noise nuisance so you would need to report it to the Environmental Health department of your local authority.